The hidden gem of the Caribbean: St. Lucia

I want to start off by saying I apologize for not being active and not posting this sooner! The past two months have been quite ludicrous! And that is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I ended up getting the flu and I mean the REAL DEAL FLU! I was away on a business trip, only to soon find myself in a hospital. Not to mention, I ended up losing over 10 pounds. It is one thing being sick, but being away from home and having the real flu; it was the worst experience of my life.

I just wanted to share a quick update about me, but enough about that…

We are on to St. Lucia!

Have you ever heard the saying?

“If you’ve been to one island, you’ve been to them all”

It is one of the most bogus statements that I’ve heard and the worst part about it is that I hear it all the time. How can one make a statement like that without experiencing it? Just like no person is the same; no island is the same. From the food, to the scenery, to the people, and etc. Each island is unique in its own way and the island of St. Lucia stands out like no other.

fullsizerender

Located in the south eastern Caribbean Sea, most people probably have never heard of St. Lucia

img_3991

The port of Castries

Our ship was docked in St. Lucia a bit longer than the other ports, but there was much to do in so little time! Being in port on Christmas Day, we wanted to make sure that we were able to attend a Christmas Day service in one of the churches. We were so blessed to have found this church!

img_2082img_2096img_2099img_2108img_2109

After the church service, we did not have any excursions planned, but we wanted to explore the island. We stumbled upon an amazing driver named, Eli, who gave us an AMAZING tour of the island. I’ll let the pictures do the talking…

Castries St. Lucia

We had to stop and take a picture!

St. Lucia Selfie

And a selfie!

img_2179-2

The gorgeous lush green countryside of St. Lucia

St Lucia

More scenic view of the countryside

img_2184

Enjoyin’ the views

img_2191

My mother enjoying one of our many roadside stops! We ended getting some great homemade banana ketchup here that we brought back home!

Caribbean Sea St. Lucia

Beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea

img_2207

Small fishing village in St. Lucia

img_2227

Family shot

St. Lucia Fishing Village

View from the bridge in the fishing village

img_2257

Caribbean Sea view from the bridge

img_3969

Another small little fishing village

img_2292

We began our ascent further into the mountains

img_2290

The gorgeous mountains of St. Lucia

Pitons St. Lucia

We finally had a little glimpse of The Pitons in the distance!

img_3982

The breathtaking view of The Pitons

img_3993

Had to take a family shot

img_4001

Pitons Selfie of my mahal and I

Soufriere Volcano St. Lucia

We then went to see the active Soufriere volcano in the mountains of St. Lucia

Soufriere Volcano Selfie

Selfie at Soufriere

img_3992

We then walked to the hot springs

img_3986

Jesci and I covered in volcanic mud and ash

img_3978

We all had to do it because it has so many therapeutic healing properties!

img_4002

My mom and I

img_2460

Game Face On

img_2452

The natural flowing hot spring water

img_3623

From there, we went to a nearby waterfall and it was FREEZING COLD!

img_6485

After the waterfall, we began to head back to the ship and we went to where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed!

img_2560

We came back to the ship to find this gorgeous sunset on our departure of St. Lucia

St. Lucia is drop-dead gorgeous. The Pitons are absolutely out of this world. They look like they have no place in the Caribbean. If you don’t have this place on your bucket list, you better put it right on. From The Pitons, to the hot springs, to the scenery; countless times I thought to myself, “is this place real?” The views are straight out from a movie. I have never seen views like this in my life and it is truly remarkable to have been able to experience it with Jesci and my parents, especially on Christmas Day. It was a Christmas that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

– Roman

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “The hidden gem of the Caribbean: St. Lucia

1. Mel & Suan says:

We know you are now well enough to enjoy the island. And yes, the anticipation of the journey would surely have perked you up! You know, happiness is one of the best medicines for any malady…St Lucia, oh how we envy you!

Liked by 1 person

2. xoJenny says:

I was initially reading this thinking it was Jesci writing it, that is until I came across “bogus” and was like hmm probably Roman LOL Sorry to hear you caught the flu! That really is the worst thing, being away from home and getting sick. Talk about bad timing- although there’s never a good time to get the flu! Glad you’re better though!
    St. Lucia looks incredible it reminds me of Hawaii in the sense that they have those gorgeous lush mountains and of course the incredibly blue water. I love the family photos, you guys are so precious!!! Also I must know what is that lip color Jesci is wearing! It’s so flattering on her, I love it!!! Hope you guys are doing good…and staying healthy!!!

xo, JJ

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

Hahaha, we thought it was funny that you just knew it wasn’t me when you read the word bogus! Roman said, “oh my gosh Jenny’s comment was so nice but I don’t know how to respond can you please do it.” Lol!! St Lucia is beautiful and you’re totally right, it does resemble a bit of Hawaii! Have you been to Hawaii and which islands did you go to?! And thank you girl– I’m wearing More Better by Colourpop! Best believe it lasted under water, through all the hiking, and for at least 12 hours lol! All for $6!!! Have you tried that company?!

– Jess

Liked by 1 person

• xoJenny says:

That is too funny!!! Leave it to the ladies to come up with responses 😉 I’m so pumped that you said it was ColourPop because I just ordered 2 glosses from them to FINALLY try (so anxious for it to come in). And yes to Hawaii, such an incredible place. I’ve only been to Oahu, I’ve stayed in Kaneohe, Waikiki and Honolulu area. I want to go back and explore more though! So much to see!!

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

Oh yay! Let me know how the lipgloss are! I’ve only ever tried their liquid mattes so if you liked their gloss I’ll def give it a try since they have some nice variety of colors!! And oh my gosh we literally stayed at the same island! I’ve been to Oahu and it was years ago but I loved it!! You’re so right theres just so much to see, hope to be back someday soon!

– Jess

Liked by 1 person

• xoJenny says:

I just got it in, its also the liquid matte but you were SO right about them, I’m in love and now I’m just anxious to buy more lolol already addicted! What color tones do you have aside from the one you’re wearing?

3. Mackenzie says:

So fun to see a post from you, Roman!!!! I probably have left comments in the past addressed to Jess without realizing it. Hahah. I hope you are finally over that bug- it’s been a horrible flu season this year. St. Lucia truly looks like a dream. And banana ketchup?! Sounds like a strange combo, but I bet it’s really good! Love that. I am also SUPER jealous you saw the place Pirates was filmed- AHHH! How cool. I’m so glad you guys had such a great trip! Give my love to Jess too!!

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

Haha thank you! It’s been a while since I last posted and Jess has been more active definitely. But it’s funny because every time she sees your posts she always tells me with excitement and keeps me updated! Congrats on your new job in neuro! We’ll be sending prayers your way. Thanks for reading!

Roman

Liked by 1 person

• Mackenzie says:

Awwwww!!! That’s so sweet of her! And Thank you SO much! You guys are incredibly encouraging and your prayers mean the world! I really hope you two can make it out here sometime for a double date!!! Have a great weekend!

Liked by 1 person