Blizzard

Blizzard March 2017

It’s currently Tuesday afternoon and I’m sitting here writing this in cold and snowy Pennsylvania, while my other half, Jesci, is in the Philippines enjoying the beautiful weather. It still bothers me that I could not go, but the timing just didn’t work out as planned.

Jesci is currently in El Nido, Palawan enjoying her vacation and soaking up the sun…
El Nido, Palawan

El Nido, Palawan

And I’m in a blizzard…literally
The whole northeastern United States is getting hit by this storm (Winter Storm Stella) and we are getting some of the of worst of it in Pennsylvania. Originally, we were only projected to get a couple of inches, maybe up to a foot, if we were lucky; That changed last night when Blizzard Warning was issued and the total total storm accumulation was projected to be between 20-30 inches by this evening, with some areas getting close to 3 feet!
IMG_4162IMG_4140IMG_4120IMG_4107IMG_4082
THAT’S A LOT OF SNOW!
and it is far from over!
Not to mention, there will be winds of up to 45+ mph.
This is what you call a BLIZZARD
Most people do not like the snow, but I LOVE it. There’s just something about the snow that is so peaceful and relaxing. I just love sitting by the fire and just kicking back enjoying the snow fall down. There is nothing like the calm and tranquil air; it’s pure euphoria. I wish that Jesci was able to experience this because storms like these don’t come around too often.
IMG_4157
BLIZZARDS do not come around too often.
But I know she’s having a great time in the Philippines and I can’t wait until she comes back home! I miss my PINAY!
Advertisements

15 thoughts on “Blizzard March 2017

1. xoJenny says:

I read the title of this and was like wait a minuteee I thought Jesci was in the Philippines why is she even thinking about blizzards haha But woahhh I didn’t realize how much you guys actually got hit with. Boston projected to get around 12-18 but I think we only ended up with 10ish which isn’t THAT bad in comparison to previous storms. I have such a love/hate thing for snow I love it when I can watch it from the comfort of my bed and getting days off from work but hate the after math of it and driving, total pain. Hope Jesci is having a blast and as for you…stay warm! hah

xo, JJ

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

We ended up with 32 inches! I couldn’t believe that we got so much and some places around here got over 40 inches! I turned on The Weather Channel only to see my area all over it hahah. It’s hard to believe too, but one city here had an avalanche due to so much snow! I’m not sure about you up in Boston, but we needed the snow so bad. Our ski resorts were getting killed all year…we barely got any snow! I was low key upset at the timing of the Philippines because Jesci would have loved to experience this! And it provably won’t happen again anytime soon. Today, I spent all morning getting dug our and let me tell you…that was not fun at all. I completely forgot about that part 😂 and I hate driving in the snow! I ALWAYS get stuck. The storm was fun and all, but I’m so ready for spring and the warm weather!!

Liked by 1 person

• xoJenny says:

WHAT! That amount of snow is unbelievable. Better you then us though LOL sorrynotsorry? We didn’t get too much overall this winter which I’m honestly okay with- I’m not a huge fan. Driving in the city sucks and it’s even worse when the snow takes up half the road. I hope that Jesci brings back all the sun and warm weather with her….we desperately need spring!!! Ps- Can you guys come out here and visit already!!!!

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

Hahah Jesci better bring back the sun!! But unfortunately she won’t be back until April 11th! Time needs to go by faster!! And YES! Let’s definitely plan something! We would love to come to Boston! Jesci has been wanting to go for a while now 😂😂 let’s plan it!

Liked by 1 person

• xoJenny says:

Ah I’m dying at all her photos so far on IG…..what a beautiful place! But YES a Boston trip is a must! I’ll have to exchange emails with Jesci or something so we can get you guys up here!!! You’ve been before right?!

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

The Philippines is really a beautiful place, I’m glad she’s having a great time! And definitely exchange contact info with Jesci so you both can plan our Boston trip! I’ve been there a few times a few years ago but would love to take Jesci there and get together with you and Andrew!

Liked by 1 person

2. Mackenzie says:

Isn’t it almost unfathomable that two places can be so starkly different in weather at the same time?! I felt like the Midwest was having a decent winter until now! I was actually kind of jealous of ya’ll on some days! I totally agree though- there is something incredibly tranquil and calming about a whiteout all around you. I used to love just laying in it all and hearing nothing but the wind. This post is actually making me miss it quite a bit! Hope these weeks go by quick for you, Roman!

Liked by 1 person

• RomanAndJesci says:

It’s so crazy because last week it was over 70 degrees one day and then we just ended up with almost 3 feet of snow! I think it was around 32 inches of snow when I last measured! UNBELIEVABLE. I love the snow and all, but I forgot how much of a pain it was to shovel out. I literally spent hours and hours this morning getting my car out of the driveway….only to get stuck…again..not to mention…I ended up getting soaking wet going to work 😂 oh well…it was worth it, but I think that I’m ready for the spring now!

Liked by 1 person

• Mackenzie says:

I remember those mood swings in the weather all too well from when I lived there!!! SO STRANGE! And oh man- that sounds like a ROUGH morning- I’m glad you made it ok. There was one time in college that my roommates and I wanted pancakes so badly that we took turns shoveling our car out for over an hour in windchill warnings and salting the tires just so we could drive a mile down the road to IHOP. Pancakes were every bit worth it. Hahah.

Liked by 1 person